Tuesday 14 September 2010

Nautical Swap Card

I know it's been a long time since I last posted a card but life has been pretty hectic around here. I haven't had much card making time but did get this one made for a "nautical" theme swap in August. It's an easel card made using Birch's "The Land Downunder" paper and a Le Suh 3D, plus one of my favourite stamps. I got the idea from someone else's blog but I can't remember whose right now sorry.


I was really pleased with the way it turned out and the lady that I sent it to lives in Broken Hill, so when I came across this piece of the paper ...


...well I just had to use it didn't I!! I have inked around the edges of each piece with Tim Holtz Tea Dye ink and I also inked over the map pieces with Adirondak's Butterscotch and Denim to accentuate the colours of the map.


I also added some colour to the background of the stamp and then attached a tiny starfish and some shells to make it a bit more interesting.

1 comment: